Thermal Power (with studies in Aerospace Propulsion) (MSc)
Course title: Thermal Power (with studies in Aerospace Propulsion)
The course covers the design and operation of different types of propulsion systems for aerospace applications and the design, development, operation and maintenance of propulsion systems.
1st or 2nd Class UK Honours degree or its equivalent in engineering; mathematics or an applied science.
- engine systems
- gas turbine theory and performance
- mechanical design of turbomachinery
- propulsion systems performance and integration
- simulations and diagnostics
- space propulsion
- plus options chosen from
- blade cooling
- computational fluid dynamics
- fatigue and fracture
- fuels and combustion
- gas turbine applications
- jet engine control
- management for technology
- materials selection
- piston engines
- spacecraft systems
- specification and performance of mechanical and rotating electrical equipment.